Saturday, January 15, 2011

12/27/2010 KTRF 1230 AM Radio Interview with Mark Allen



If Thief River Falls, Minnesota were a dictionary, then the listing under "radio" would read, "Thief River Falls Radio, AM 1230, KTRF."  They are the voice of all that happens in Northwestern Minnesota and Thief River Falls.  One of their shows is called "Open Line" and its host, Mark Allen, interviews newsmakers and takes listener phone calls for discussion.  I had the good fortune of being asked to visit the studio and be Mark's guest on 12/27/2010, where I was able to spend about a half hour discussing my platform, "Explore Your Backyard:  Visit Your Minnesota State Parks and Trails."  Mark has great interview skills as he worked through the details of why teens should visit State Parks with their families to learn all the historic and scientific lessons that the parks teach, plus the obvious physical exercise that comes with hiking, biking, snowshoe-ing, and even skiing.  When my interview was complete, I even awarded Mark Allen his very own "Junior Explorer" badge!  Thank you to all my friends at Thief River Falls Radio!

No comments:

Post a Comment