Thursday, April 7, 2011

3-31-2011 VIDEO from the floor of the Minnesota House of Representatives

Here is a link to the official video shot by the Minnesota House of Representatives' videographer.  Please note that clicking this link will take you to the Minnesota House of Representatives' website, where the video is housed.  Please hold your "CTRL" key down while clicking the link to open it in a new window.

http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/htv/programa.asp?ls_year=87&session_year=2011&session_number=0&event_id=3558

I appear in the video many times as I meet with various legislators, however there are a few moments of significance I'd like to point out:

1)  At about 3:40 I open the session by pounding the gavel from the Speaker's desk.

2)  At about 5:40 I lead the Chamber in the Pledge of Allegiance.

3)  At about 2:02:00 I am recognized by Rep. Dan Fabian (R-Roseau) as a Point of Personal Priviledge.  At this time I am formally introduced to the entire Chamber and I receive a rousing round of applause and a standing ovation!

It was a tremendous opportunity to witness the budget process and politics at work.  I also greatly appreciated the opportunity to explain the importance and significance of my message, "Explore Your Backyard:  Visit Your Minnesota State Parks and Trails," to dozens of our state legislators.

Thank you to Rep. Dan Fabian and the Minnesota State House of Representatives!

No comments:

Post a Comment