Wednesday, January 12, 2011

12/20/2010 Heritage Senior Center Christmas Dinner


 The Heritage Senior Center in Thief River Falls is very special to me.  For many years they have been willing to listen to my piano playing as it developed from novice to where it is today, so when their director, Shannon Olson called and asked if I'd play for their Annual Christmas Dinner, of course, I was happy to oblige!  My dad was happy to take me too, because, he said, he could visit all his insurance clients!  It turned out that on the evening of the dinner, Mother Nature decided to send us a blizzard, so the weather was quite nasty but about 100 brave souls ventured to the Senior Center for a delicious dinner.  I was able to read the Christmas Story, play many Christmas Carols and hymns, and then finish with an explanation of my platform as Miss Red River Valley Outstanding Teen.  The seniors were very supportive of getting teens into the state parks with their families.  Thank you for asking me to perform for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment