Tuesday, February 8, 2011

1/20/2011 Radio Interview, AM 1100 The Flag, "We the People," with Chris Berg, Fargo, ND


I like to listen to my radio a lot.  Of course, like everyone my age, I listen to my favorite music stations XL 93 but I also like to listen to talk radio to keep up with the world around me.  I listen to my local AM station, 1230 AM KTRF quite a bit because they keep me informed about local news and opinion, but when I want to listen to national issues and politics I often turn to AM 1100 "The Flag."  They have lots of different speakers and commentators that present different points of view on a range of issues, from politics to cooking Italian! 
I like to listen to Chris Berg's show, "We the People" because it focuses on politics and real life America, rather than just a partisan view point.  My favorite is his "Feel Good Fridays" where he interviews lots of different members of the community to find out what is happening to help our lives and make us feel good.  That's where my interview with him came in.  I was asked to appear at their studio for an interview on "Feel Good Friday."

Listen to my interview! (Hold your CTRL button down while clicking the link to open it in a new window)

Mr. Berg was genuinely interested in all I had to share about my platform, "Explore Your Backyard, Visit Your Minnesota State Parks and Trails!"  He asked lots of questions about why that would be so important to young people and their families.  He hit the nail on the head with these questions.  It is so vital for young people to get out and explore because that is how they learn about the history that happened around them;  it makes them better informed citizens.  Better informed citizens make more responsible citizens.  Of course, being somewhat of a political show, too, the questions did turn political too, but nothing partisan.  Mr. Berg was incredibly respectful and friendly-  just the way he sounds on the air!   We also spent some time talking about the Children's Miracle Network and the good work that they do to help provide care for children with horrible health problems.  Certainly, since it was "Feel Good Friday," we encouraged all to log into my blog and make a donation to the Children's Miracle Network to "feel good!"  You can make your donation to Children's Miracle Network right here!
When we were done, I awarded Mr. Berg his very own "Junior Explorer" sticker.  He was going to consider exploring Zippel Bay State Park on his way up to do some ice fishing at Lake of the Woods that upcoming weekend!   

Be sure to tune in to Mr. Berg's show to see what he's like.  You'll find the conversation friendly and intellectually stimulating!  And listen to the audio above to hear my complete 15 minute interview!  Thank you Mr. Berg!






No comments:

Post a Comment