Saturday, February 12, 2011

2/1/2011 Mrs. Ryden's Music Classes, Kittson Central High School, Hallock, MN


 
On Tuesday, February 1, 2011, I had the opportunity to visit with Mrs. Ryden's choir classes at Kittson Central High School in Hallock, MN.  The class was very receptive to learning about the Miss Red River Valley Outstanding Teen Program, The Children's Miracle Network, and the Minnesota State Parks and Trails
We spent some time talking about another important issue, music education.  I know in my case, I set a goal many years ago to become an outstanding musician.  I asked my parents and teachers what it would take to achieve this.  They said it was simple.  Set a goal and then practice.  For a long time I thought that sounded to simple, but it isn't.  Think about it.  Everything important in life requires us to make plans and then work towards achieving the goal.  Its pretty simple.  My piano teacher says it this way, "there are only two kinds of people on this earth;  those that practice, and those that wish they had." When we understand the power of practice, good things come our way. 
Its not just for music, either.  Everything we do can benefit from lots of practice.  Math, reading, writing, basketball, football, wrestling, and music.  Remember that the next time you find a task you'd like to master.  It truly works! 
The next time you think practice is too hard, remember what Stephen Goldwyn (Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios) once said, "the harder I work, the luckier I get!"  Make your luck happen by working hard-  practicing!  Remember that practice makes perfect.  And if I can do it, so can you!
  I enjoyed our visit!  I hope to see you again!  In the meantime, get out there and "Explore Your Backyard:  Visit Your Minnesota State Parks and Trails!"

No comments:

Post a Comment