Tuesday, February 8, 2011

1/24/2010 Visit to Elk's Lodge, Thief River Falls, MN

On January 24, 2011 our local Elk's Lodge invited me to speak about my platform and Children's Miracle Network.  The Elk's lodge has been a very supportive of me and my family for some time and we have many good friends there.  If you know very little about the Elk's, now is a good time to learn about them.  Locally, our lodge supports many activities of our community youth.  They provide scholarships, support boy scouts and girl scouts, offer the Hoop Shoot contest, provide a Christmas Dinner complete with a visit from Santa, help fund Christmas presents for needy children, and so much more.  They are truly an organization that serves the community.  I have had the good fortune to work with them for 8 or 9 years with their annual Flag Day ceremony.  Their ceremony includes a presentation about the history of the American Flag including a display of several historic old versions of the United States flag.  During my visit I was able to explain my platform "Explore Your Backyard:  Visit Your Minnesota State Parks and Trails" as well as share some stories about Children's Miracle Network and the good they do.  In fact, I encourage everyone to make a small donation to Children's Miracle Network here.  Thank you to the Elk's lodge for all the wonderful things you do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment