Friday, September 9, 2011

9/9/2011 Greater Moorhead Days Parade



On the evening of September 9, 2011 I met with our pageant director, Melissa Bunkowske and her sister, Amber Nelson at Muscatell Subaru pick up vehicles for the Greater Moorhead Days parade.  Thank you to our friends at Muscatell!  Greater Moorhead Days is a celebration of all that Moorhead has to offer the Fargo-Moorhead region.  Its a great time for families to get out and explore the community.  A list of the activities can be found here.  I also met up with my sister queen, Tiffany Schulstad-Peterson and together, we were Grand Marshals of the parade!  I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful evening.  It was a gorgeous 86 degrees with a gentle breeze and a clear blue sky!  The community was truly in the spirit, too, as thousands of people lined the parade route to celebrate the community, get candy for the kids, and enjoy a good, old fashioned parade!  There were lots of sweet young girls waving and wishing Tiffany and I the best, along with lots of others, too.  My brothers, Brett and Brayden, again came along to hand out my stickers to direct people to my blog where they can learn all about the importance of "Explore Your Backyard:  Visit Your Minnesota State Parks and Trails!"  I know I can speak for Tiffany when I say Moorhead has been very welcoming to both of us and very supportive of our efforts this year as Miss Moorhead and Miss Red River Valley Outstanding Teen.  After the parade I met up with some other Princesses-  My good friend Kenzi Kovar (Miss Vergas) and Lauren Anderson (Princess Altoona).  As you can see by the photos, Kenzi and I were having a little inside joke-  We both went to the Gustavus Adolphus College Summer Speech Institute the last two summers and in the photo, we are calling out our speech prides!  I was in "Pride 11" while she was in "Pride 12"  Insert the Gustie Rouser here if you get the joke!  See you all at the pageant tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment