Friday, September 2, 2011

7/30/2011 Gustavus Adolphus Summer Speech Institute



On July 24-30, 2011, I attended the Gustavus Adolphus College Summer Speech Institute in St. Peter, Minnesota.  This is my second summer attending GAC/SSI and it has improved my competitive speech career immensely.  The program is run by nationally reknowned college speech coach, Kristofer Kracht and his Gustavus Adolphus College Gusties speech team.  The Institute combines a week of intensive study on the mechanics of competitive speech with a speech tournament.  This year I placed 3rd out of 140 institute attendees.  I participated in Humorous Interpretation.  Pictured are my brothers, Brock, who placed 6th in Great Speeches, Brayden, competing in Informative, and Brett, competing in Original Oratory.  The camp has a tremendous track record of success, boasting that 55% of its attendees qualify for their state high school league speech tournament.  Numerous State Champions were in attendance.  I also had the opportunity to meet with the 2005 National Forensics League High School Humorous Interpretation National Champion, Jeff Moscaritolo.  I have placed a link to his 2005 Championship piece, "Rinse the Blood of my Toga."  It is in two parts.  I also worked with Collegiate American Forensics Association National Grand Champion in Prose Interpretation, Chloe Radcliffe.  I am pictured with both of them.  What company to share!
2005 National Forensics League National Champion in Humorous Interpretation,

No comments:

Post a Comment