Friday, September 2, 2011

7/17/2011 Detroit Lakes Jaycees' Water Carnival Parade of the Northwest


On July 17, 2011 I participated in the Detroit Lakes Water Carnival Parade.  This is easily the largest parade I have ever been in and presented a wonderful opportunity to bring my platform message to a lot of people.  Always ready to help me, two of my brothers, Brett and Brayden, decided to walk the route behind the car, handing out "Junior Explorer" stickers to kids and directing them and their parents to my blog to learn more about Minnesota's State Parks and Trails.  I am deeply appreciative for their hard work, too, as the weather was so hot and sticky.  By the end of the route they were drenched in sweat and guzzled water by the bottle.  Several of my pictures show the crowd along the long parade route, Brett and Brayden after the parade, my driver, Brent Fuller with his Ford Mustang convertible, and my parade planner, Sherry Sorenson. 








No comments:

Post a Comment