Saturday, October 23, 2010

Minnesota State Parks and Trails

On Tuesday, October 19, 2010, I went down to St. Paul to visiti with the Department of Natural Resources Minnesota State Parks and Trails Department.  I explained to them that as Miss Red River Valley Outstanding Teen, I would be visiting thousands of youth, teens, and adults through out Minnesota.  During those visits I would be explaining my platform, "Explore Your Backyard:  Visit Your Minnesota State Parks and Trails" which urges kids to visit their local parks.  The Department of Natural Resources, and in some cases, the Minnesota Historical Society, manage the parks and trails to promote outdoorsmanship, teach stewardship, teach naturalist skills, and stay fit.  I am very thankful that the State Parks and Trails Department is working with me to help promote these important issues through out the State!  Thank you to the DNR!

No comments:

Post a Comment