Wednesday, March 9, 2011

VIDEO "Rushing Wind" with Robert Robinson, vocalist, and Brett Drevlow, bass, and Kelli Warder, Interpretive Dance

A few years ago, our high school choir began performing gospel pieces and asked Robert Robinson and the Twin Cities Community Gospel Choir to perform with them.  I met Mr. Robinson at one of the rehearsals and he was very complimentary and supportive of my budding music career.  A few months later, my Dad took me to Minneapolis for one of his business meetings and arranged a dinner with Mr. Robinson.  He shared many performance tips with me and even agreed to work with me and perform together!  This past February, all this planning came to fruition as Mr. Robinson asked me to play piano for him and even asked that my brother, a Minnesota All-State String Bass player, would perform, too!  Brett and I studied the piece, "Rushing Wind," written by Christian composer Keith Green in the 1970's, and came up with our own arrangement for piano and bass.  We met with Mr. Robinson and rehearsed, and then performed at the First Covenant Church in Minneapolis on February 20, 2011!  Mr. Robinson also asked an accomplished and well known Minneapolis-based dancer, Kelli Warder, to do an interpretive dance!  She was spectacular!  I hope you enjoy the video!  Thank you, Mr. Robinson!  I encourage all of you to visit his site, http://www.robertrobinsonmusic.com/ to hear some of his amazing work!

No comments:

Post a Comment