Thursday, March 3, 2011

2-17-11 Eventide Assisted Living Center, Moorhead, MN

  
I was in the Fargo-Moorhead area recently for the Children's Miracle Network Sanford Hospital Cares for Kids Radiothon and had the opportunity to play piano for the residents of Eventide Assisted Living Center, a senior community in Moorhead, MN.  I had met the CEO of their company, Jon Riewer, at a Christmas Gala while I was performing with Miss Minnesota, Kathryn Knuttila, in Frazee, MN.  I arrived just as the residents were having lunch so I explained my platform, "Explore your Backyard:  Visit Your Minnesota State Parks and Trails" to them and encouraged them to visit a park and take their families!  I also shared how I have teamed up with Children's Miracle Network to help raise needed funds to help kids with terrible health problems.  You can donate here!  Then, we shared some piano!  I played my Gershwin Preludes for Piano, several church hymns, and even Happy Birthday to those with February birthdays! It was a fun time for all of us!  I hope to come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment