Monday, March 14, 2011

Minnesota Public Radio Varsity Featured Artist!

In February I entered my Prokofiev piano concerto in Minnesota Public Radio's Varsity competition.  They received over 130 entries.  Their panel of judges chose 15 of us to become "Featured Artists."  I am so honored that they chose my piece! 

Last week they sent a technical crew from St. Paul up to my piano teacher's home to do a professional recording of the piece.  Our good friend, David Hill, editor for the Thief River Falls Times, was in attendance during the recording and shot this video showing how the recording was done.  Thank you, Mr. Hill!

I have never seen so many cables and microphones in my life!  The MPR crew came at about 11 AM and they were here for about 3 hours.  They will take the recording of my Prokofiev piece and play it on MPR for all to hear. 


The current audio link is the recording I submitted.  Starting March 21, 2011 and through March 27, 2011, they will provide the professional recording and listeners can vote for me to be their "favorite" entry.  The top vote earner, and 4 more featured artists (chosen by a panel of judges) will get to perform at the St. Paul Fitzgerald Theatre on April 17, 2011!  Please be sure to come and vote starting March 21, 2011 through March 27, 2011.  Each email address may vote once!  I'll post another entry when voting begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment