Tuesday, December 28, 2010

12/9/2010 My First "Junior Explorer"

As you know, my platform as Miss Red River Valley Outstanding Teen 2010 is "Explore Your Backyard, Visit your Minnesota State Parks and Trails," so I have been meticulously planning how to promote that message.  I will be coming to a school near you to share the importance of using our state parks to become fit, all while learning about our State's history and spending time with our families.  I'll also be playing piano in many churches while talking with their congregations about my platform too.  In preparation for these events, I have created a platform brochure telling my story, and created a presentation and badge to present to youth and teens after I speak.  This badge is to encourage them to EXPLORE THEIR BACKYARDS and VISIT OUR STATE PARKS!  I had the opportunity to share my message with Miss Minnesota Kathryn Knuttila, who became my first "official" Junior Explorer!  She too, encourages you to visit a State Park near you!  By the way.... did you know there is a State Park within 50 miles of every Minnesotan?  Check out  the Minnesota State Parks and Trails map here.

No comments:

Post a Comment