Tuesday, December 28, 2010

12/9/2010 Christmas Gala with Miss Minnesota


In late November I received an excited call from my good friend, Kathryn Knuttila.  She was hosting a Christmas Gala in Frazee on December 9, 2010 and was hoping that my brothers and sisters and I could come and play some piano and string pieces with her.  I can't begin to tell you how excited I was!  I have grown up watching Kathryn play piano and to have the opportunity to share a stage with her, well, would be nothing short of spectacular!  So, I said, "Yes, yes, yes!" and began planning and arranging some pieces for the Drevlows to play with Miss Minnesota.  I was very excited for many reasons, but one of them was that the event would allow my brothers and sisters and I to play some unique pieces that I had arranged.  I took some Christmas classics, jazzed them up a bit, and then added in some funky jazz bass with my All-State brother Brett and some walking bass lines from my 7th grade brother Brock.  Brayden didn't want to be left out so we added some violin accompaniments for him, and then what to do with Brigham and Brielle...hmmm.  Brigham decided to have some fun with the Christmas sleigh bells and Brielle added some percussion with the cymbals.  Ta-da!  The Drevlows had some very fun Christmas pieces.  Now...just to match our hectic schedules with one very busy Miss Minnesota.  Fortunately, Kathryn's parents are the nicest people in the world.  They invited us over to their house for a rehearsal with Kathryn and there we put the finishing touches on our part of the Gala.  Needless to say, the event was a smashing success (see newspaper article) and we are very thankful to Kathryn for the opportunity to perform with her.  Thank you Frazee and Miss Minnesota!

No comments:

Post a Comment