Wednesday, December 29, 2010

12/17/2010 Singing the National Anthem at Prowler Swim Meet

Swimming is a big deal at our house.  Three of my brothers are on the Prowler Swim Team.  They train daily swimming thousands of yards.  They usually put in about 5000 yards per day which is about 3 miles.  Many people shudder at the thought of walking or running three miles.  Imagine swimming it!  And they do it fast.  This particular day I drove my brothers to the meet and dropped off some items at concessions.  Their coach mentioned that they didn't have anyone to sing the National Anthem at this meet so I volunteered!  It was a great opportunity to sing our National Anthem to a packed pool!  Go Prowlers!

Did I mention that you can swim (although not this time of year...) at most Minnesota State Parks? 

No comments:

Post a Comment