Monday, April 16, 2012

4-12-2012 Section 8AA Speech Meet in Detroit Lakes, MN


 On April 12, 2012, our speech team returned to Section 8AA after many years in 8A.  We all knew it would take our best performance to make it to State, although that is no different than in 8A.  The truth is, at this point in the season, to move on to State a speaker must be at their best.  This is where all speakers either practiced... or wish they had. 

Congratulations to the top three teams of Moorhead, St. Cloud Tech, and Bemidji.  They sent 36 of the 39 8AA entries.  Congratulations to some amazing and prepared speakers!

I was fortunate to place 2nd in Story Telling so I will be Thief River Falls' lone entry in the State Meet.  We did have a few TRF Speakers cut to finals-  Sam Buckley took 6th in Drama while the Duo team of Elle Jorgenson and Claire Naslund tood 4th!  My brother Brock was on the bubble and missed finals by one spot!  Next year, Brock, next year!  Brayden also was right there and almost made finals.  Brett also had a super experience.  I can't wait to see them next year.   

 On to State!  I look forward to meeting my competitors.  I am working hard and will be ready.  See you there!






1 comment:

  1. Hi, I've been reading and enjoying your posts for some time now. I enjoy your spin on the topics. I'm finally going to bookmark your website so I can keep returning to it. I continuously happen upon it and keep thinking it's spectacular but never saving it. See you next time! Keep posting us with these great essays!

    ReplyDelete