Sunday, April 15, 2012

3-3-2012 First National Bank of Walker Speech Meet!

On March 3, 2012 the Thief River Falls Speech Team got on an early bus (about 4:30 AM) and drove to Walker, MN for the annual First National Bank of Walker Speech Meet!  As you can see by the pictures our team had several speakers cut to finals or next-in finals.  I competed in Story Telling and Humorous Interp and came out in first and fourth places, respectively.  Thank you to our friends at Walker for another superb meet-  and special thanks to First National Bank of Walker for sponsoring this great meet and Walker coaches Stewart Wilson and Chuck Cravens for running the tournament with such ease, fairness, and success! 
Today was quite a milestone for me, too, as today's gold medal was the 50th of my career and my 4th place medal was the 100th medal of my career!  Thank you to my friends in the speech world for the fierce competition and friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment