Thursday, July 7, 2011

Children's Miracle Network Cares for Kids Radiothon at Sanford Children's Hospital, Fargo, ND




On February 17, 2011 I took part of the Cares for Kids Radiothon put on by Children's Miracle Network and Sanford Children's Hospital in Fargo, ND.  For this event, CMN and Sanford partner with 3 local radio stations to do a radiothon all day long.  The 3 participating stations were Y94, Popster 104.7, and BOB 95.  I was there taking phone pledges for about six hours and my station raised about $3000.  I'm told the event raised something like $140,000 so it was wonderful to be involved in helping raise funds to help children in need of life-saving medical care.   Through out the day the radio personalities and their mascots would visit with us and broadcast live to check out the amount raised.  They also interviewed kids that were receiving care at Sanford so I was able to visit with many patients and their families, including my special friend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment