Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving to all!


Photo courtesy of Thoele Photography

Thanksgiving is such a special day at my house.  Our family starts the preparation for our celebration early in the morning by preparing the turkeys.  Yes, that's two turkeys!  This year we are making 20 lb and 22 lb birds as one just wouldn't be enough!  We will be feeding our family of 12, plus my grandparents on my mother's side, my aunt Clarilyn Riedinger, my uncle Jordan Goldesberry, and our friends, the Hustad family, Jim, Aaron, and Daniel.  Thats 19 people!  We decided to do the extra bird just because then we have leftovers, and who doesn't love leftovers?  For our Thanksgiving celebration, we are having Turkey, potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, baked corn, dinner rolls, cranberry sauce, pickles, carrots, celery, olives, pumpkin pie, and pistaccio delight.   Of course, we will also have milk and coffee. 

One of the great things about Thanksgiving is that we get to take time to focus on the people and things that are important to us.  Its a great time to reflect on giving thanks for all these people and things, so this year, I want to share a short list of things for which I am thankful. 

1)  God.  God takes such good care of me!
2)  My family-  My family helps me in every way and loves me unconditionally.
3)  My friends who support me in everything I do
4)  My health-  working with Children's Miracle Network, I am reminded how blessed I am to have good health.
5)  My safety.  I thank all those that serve and have served in our armed forces.  Without their selfless service we would not be safe.
6)  My freedom.  As I study history in school I am reminded how many countries and civilizations do not have the freedoms that we have in the USA.
7)  Music.  God has given me this gift to share.  And I so thoroughly enjoy it, too!  I am so fortunate to have my piano and cello!
8)  Our park services.  This may seem small at first, but think about all the amazing places that our country has to explore!  City parks that tell our local story (check out the Riverwalk in Thief River Falls!), state parks that show us our heritage and provide outdoor recreation, and even the big picture- national parks-  that teach us our nation's history, culture, and science, like geology, too!
9)  Opportunity.  I am elated to have the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people around Minnesota while I promote "Explore Your Backyard:  Visit Your Minnesota State Parks and Trails."
10)  You!  With out you, those reading my blog, I wouldn't have a network of supporters helping me achieve my goals.  I truly am thankful that you have taken time to help me!

I'd ask that you take a moment to add the things you are thankful for, too.  Simply leave comments after my post, and please mark my blog and "follow" it!

Happy Thanksgiving and God's blessings to each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment